Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY coffee table

Well, we are in a small apartment and which makes having space almost impossible. And while I have a wonderful coffee table that I adore I don't really have the space for it. We will soon have a crawling baby and I wanted the extra space for that coming moment.
The coffee table I have is large, sturdy and very helpful. The top pulls apart to reveal a compartment to stash things. I enjoy it enough I don't wanna get rid of it, so when my little brother got married and they needed a coffee table I thought perfect they can use it!
So I told my brother and his new wife that they could take the coffee table, paint it stain it, they were just not allowed to get rid of it.
So I set out to make myself a new one. I had recently found some old spools in my parents back houses. So I got one and spray painted it. In the future I will do a base coat. I painted it grey, and it's a darker dull grey, where I would have loved a brighter crisp grey. Oh well live an learn. Also another freebie for you, buy the nicer spray paint it's worth the cost.
After I finished the spray painting, minus the top and bottom, I brought it home to my place (I was painting it at my parents place) I covered it with some batting and fabric, using a staple gun I secured the batting and fabric to the table, and tada!
I have a wonderful stable and small coffee table. All for about 10-15 bucks! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment