Friday, July 27, 2012

Lacey shirt

I recently acquired some shirts from my sister. They are cute, a little tight, but cute. So today I sat down to do something about that. Honestly the one shirt I started with would have been fine, but (and I swear I am not making this up)  the shirt must have been cut on the bias. It feels as if it is twisting around on my torso. I figured by adding some fabric to it I could give my skin some much needed space, and thus doing away with the annoying twisting feeling.
So, taking the shirt you cut one side off and the seam (I did one at a time, to help make it easier) lay your lace (or other fabric choice) on your fabric. And sew up one side. I did my lace edge showing, but you can hide it if you would like. Once you are done with one side repeat with the other side. And you have a fun shirt, with a little sex appeal and the bonus of a little more breathing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment