Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tasty Lemon Bars

We have all seen the latest craze on Pinterest, right? If you are still in the dark check out the picture below. 
Yes, know you remember! Its the pictures of the two ingredient recipes. And you look at them and think, "Can it really be that simple?" Well I have been slowly trying some of these that I come across. This one I was pretty excited about. I love Angel Food cake, use to request it for my birthday cake. The best part is the crust, mmm. And I like fruit things. How could these two items result in anything but delicious-ness?
This Recipe comes from "Living Practical" (see site link at the bottom of post.)
You mix the two things together. When I first started I didn't think they would mix well, or that there would be enough moist for all that mix. But some how it mixed. Kinda foamed out almost, very interesting to see. 
Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake it. 350* for about 20 min. 

This was my "helper" while I was trying to cook this desert (I was also trying to warm up the house with out turning on the heat.) No he wasn't sick, he's just a goof. And thought that I needed a speed bump in my tiny kitchen. 

You cook the dish till it's a light golden brown, once you take it out you can sprinkle powder sugar over it. I really enjoyed eating it, more pieces then I should eat at one time. And my bible study group enjoyed it to. I have to say that keeping two items around that you can throw together quickly, brilliance. But of course you should always test drive the recipe, after all, you wouldn't wanna take credit for a nasty dish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment