Monday, June 11, 2012

Where has this been?!?!

I enjoy cupcakes, but frosting cupcakes is a bit annoying. Instead of one big mess on one cake lets have 24 little messes on 24 little cakes. That's why with my son's 2nd birthday coming up, a party to do, and cupcakes to make, when I found this wonderful idea on Pinterest, I decided to give it a whirl. And it was a trip that I do not regret! 
I started with devil's food cake mix and five mins before they are done cooking you place a marsh mellow on each cupcake. It worked brilliantly, my only tip is to be ready with a non-melt-able spoon. The marshmellows get hot and kinda get a mind of their own. Slipping of the cupcake tops and taking a trip. So I just used the spoon to coax it back into place then pressed down gently on top. Keeps them in place.
They were very tasty and I am looking forward to all the different combinations that I can make. Think of all the flavors that they now have out there, of cakes and marshmellows!  
Used them for my son's birthday as privously stated. It saved me long hours, okay slight exaggeration, but still saved me alot of time. Big hit at the party, other then I didn't let them sit out long enough to dry, they became very sticky, but still good.  
Thinking that doing a square cake would be fun! Think yellow cake mix, chocolate chips over the cake and then the marshmellows. Sounds divine to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment