Thursday, June 28, 2012

Midnight lighting

This morning was rough. Two needy children and a tired mommy, can lead to bad things. Thankfully when I find myself with one of those days I find some time to create.
Nothing can change a mood like making something.
So this morning, after I put one child down for a nap and and gave the other some food. I sat and made some lovely lights for my patio.
For this project you need some old cleaned out wine bottles. You can leave leave the labels on or take them off. Then using some thicker gauged wire you will need to wrap (the tighter the better) around the neck just under the lip of the bottle, make sure you leave a loop in order to hang your bottles up. Or you could also leave them as stand alone lamps. After you have prepared your lamps holder you will need to gently force in some lights. I like to collect lights after Christmas, cheap and lots available.
Here's a trick for getting the lights in the bottles. If you have four bottles form four groups of lights on your one string. Take the middle of one group fold in half and start to feed into the bottles. Make sure you leave some space between bottles so you can hang them up.
I'm hoping that my husband will be able to bring some large clear bottles so that I can make some bedside lamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment