Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cookies!!!! Give Me cookies!!!

If I've said it once I'm sure it will not be the last time. Betty Crocker's Cook Book is by far my most favorite cook book I own. It has a nice base of recipes. Simple easy to understand. Which is good for myself. I have a basic understanding of my way around the kitchen, but anything more then that I would prefer to have my hand held. Betty Crocker is a great hand holder.
Thank's to Pinterest I am acquiring a better cooking skill, and thanks to my blog I am enjoying this venture.
This cook book has been with me since I got married. I stumbled across it at some yardsale or other. My first cook book of my marriage it has been a very helpful addition. One recipe that I keep using, and I have yet to find one that equals it in taste, the Chocolate Chop Cookie recipe. Normally I toss in chocolate chips, but I am a sucker for vanilla. So this time I made the recipe  I did Vanilla Chips instead. So very very taste I can easily eat the whole batch by myself. I give a few to my son so that I can honestly say, "Why No, I didn't eat them all by myself! My son helped." Although in reality, he maybe relieved me of two. Shhh, our secret.
So with out further Adieu Chocolate Chip Cookies...
1/2 cup granulated sugar (that's white for those of you-like me- struggle with the cooking lingo)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup soften margarine or butter
1/3 cup shortening
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (I have never once made a batch of nut cookies- my husband would be most disappointed)
1 package chocolate chips (This works out to 2-3 generous handfuls if you do bulk)
Heat Oven to 350*
Mix ingredients- typically I just go down the list in the order that they are listed, seems to work out well for me. 
Drop dough on to a UN-greased cookie sheet. What ever size you would like. I've done big and I've done little. I like the littler one's better. 
Cook for 8-10 min. Till they are a slight brown.
Start at 8 min and do 1 min increments till you get to the light brown. I do 8.5 and they are nice and soft. 
These are the tasty cookies that I made, they did not last long. They never do in this house. Some day when my sons are grown I would love to have fresh cookies almost every day for them and their friends to come and eat after school.
Some day, but for now I will make the cookies and I will eat the cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment