Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Marble-toes

I'm a toe painter. I keep trying to paint my finger nails, but after only a few moments of a life as a mom they don't fare well. The beautiful gloss get's quickly lost. I'll stick to having fun with my toe nails and leave my fingers bare. 
A while ago there was a tutorial on how to make tie-dyed nails. They looked so beautiful. But my sister and future sister in law tired. Turns out nail polish and water just make a mess. The "art" you end up with on your nails doesn't make it worth the clean up around the nail.
I found a tutorial online, and I sadly I can not for the life of me find it now. But I will walk you through the process. Very easy and as long as you are careful, clean marbling affect. 
two contrasting nail polishes
and a tooth pick
You will need the items in the above picture.You can do any two colors (Eventually I will try three but for now I do two) your little heart desires. The bigger the contrast the easier to see the marble look. Just keep that in mind. And for the sake of ease, I will show you on a piece of paper. I'm no acrobat after all.  
Before you begin I recommend shaking and opening your nail polish colors first. This is where the "if your careful, clean" part comes in. Do not forget they are open, Do not open them anywhere near children (in fact wait till they are asleep) and Do not go to shake them after they are open. I will not be responsible for the after math of that. 
Paint your nail the base color, the darker color works best for the drops.  
Next drop three dots on to the still wet base.  
Quickly, very quickly using a figure eight motion swirl a tooth in and out of the drops. In all sorts of directions. And that is basically it. Be prepared for this to take awhile if you plan on doing each toe (or finger) nail, since the polish needs to be wet in order for this project to work, you have to do one at a time. 
Here is a picture of my finished Marble nail. I'm a mother of two young boys who will wake up at any moment. I have no time to do each nail. So I just do the big toe. People get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment