Friday, May 25, 2012

EggyMcMuffins

I finally finished scrubbing the muffin tin from my latest endeavor. And as I sit to write about it,  I wondered if it was worth it. I hope my hubby will appreciate my work. I've actually made this before, and for some reason the eggs came out easier the first time. As always-almost anyways- I can thank Pinterest for this make ahead meal. And I took some artistic license with it. The recipe calls to have one egg per muffin space. I cracked a dozen eggs into a bowl and then mixed the eggs with pre-cooked sausage. I scooped the mixture out and into the tins. Cooked at 350* for 20 min. I cooked them and sliced eggs. I also cooked a can of the biscuits. I then had to put everything on hold. 
Baby boy was awake and demanding my attention. Once I had him feed and happy he sat in his high chair and watched me finish the project. I cut the biscuits, place the cheese on, and the egg finishing with the top of the biscuits.
I wrap them in tinfoil and toss them in the freezer-which was annoying side story. I had to clean out the freezer and re-organize before I could get the mcmuffins in to freeze. 
I now have a great little meal to feed to my husband. I love having meals like this set aside, when you have two young children you never know how much sleep you will get in a night. Last night was lacking. 
http://www.macheesmo.com/2010/03/breakfast-sandwiches/

No comments:

Post a Comment