Friday, May 25, 2012

Ah Fedora! In Fantastic neon!

I met a great friend today and we went walking at the mall. We are looking forward to when it's warmer so we can walk outside. Exercise is much more enjoyable outside, at least in my opinion. And then you also avoid the impulse buying tick.
I am normally quite good about the window shopping and not buying. But today, today I was weak. So I scummed to the buying bug. And I do not regret the purchase.
We walked by the children's place "sales" signs everywhere. In we went. I found two adorable little boy fedoras. So Cute. But more then I wanted to spend. What's that you said? Hats on sale for four bucks?!? Why yes, I do believe I will buy these two hats. And off I went to find one for me. Yes, I know that I have a small head. And with all the cute hats I was more thankful for my small head then I have been in awhile. I thought I could be thankful for having a small head when I had my two boys. Turns out "big" heads are more dominate. What's the point in having a small head? So I can buy and wear cute kid fedoras. But they were very girly. I wanted just a basic one. The best I could find was the one below. But for four bucks, how could I say no?
I got home, and upon studding it I realized that I can simply seam rip the bright yellow trim off the rim. I also took off the bow. I plan on gluing the bow to a barrette. Then I use it on hat and hair and...
This is the finished product. I really like it much better with out the trim around the brim. I now have a great hat that I can wrap ribbons around to change it. Attach flowers, barrettes, I also found out that I can use my headbands around it. The possibilities are endless! So excited! 
These are another purchase that I made. They are bright pink flats, but the picture doesn't do them any justice. They are Bright BRIGHT neon Pink. I just had to share my lovely shoe find.
The whole point of this is that if your patient, I waited alllll winter long to get these hats, it will pay off. And the other point is that with a little bit of work you can take something ho-hum to Hum-Yes! I'm looking forward to long fun times with my fedora and the shoes... the shoes are pretty distracting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment