Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's day Gift

I love being a mother. Having kids is up there in my top 10 list. Yes it's a challenge some times and I would be lying if I say I have never thought about what my life was like before, and missed it. I'm a mother, not a saint. But then they do something sweet like my baby son smile ridiculously big just for me looking at him or my older boy coming with his arms outstretched and saying "Ug, Ug."
And just like that I forget all the turmoil and think, "Awww, I want ten more!"
One fantastic bonus about the kiddos is that I have some pretty awesome built in Mother's day gifts, or in this case Grandmother's gift. As long as I have a hand print or a picture of the boys I'm covered.
For this year's project you will need  a jar (I used mason jars- found them) some pretty glass rocks, two bulbs, picture (or paint for hand prints) and Mod Podge to paint the pictures to the jars. 
These jars were pretty dirty, so a quick trip through the dishwasher took care of that. You ask why didn't I simply wash them in the sink, by hand. Well, let me tell you. Where I have been able to deal with my deep fear of spiders, I can now kill them, I will still avoid thrusting myself-willingly- into Spider Web situations.  
Then Taking the pictures I mod-podged them on to the jars. I recommend using copy paper for this, or you will not be able to keep the photo paper on. You will just create a gift that will cause annoyance with the picture continually pealing away from the glass. "Thank you Thank you very much for the *ahem* wonderful gift." 
Next take your glass rocks and fill the glass vase half full, or half empty? Then pour some water over the rocks.  
Place the bulb on the rocks and then using the leftover rocks "stabilize" the bulb.  
And here is the finished project. Ready to bloom and bloom and bloom! If it stays watered that is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment