Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bake Pasta Bake!

Simple, I love simple. Especially when it comes to food. The simpler the better. And if it's tasty, bonus! I found this recipe on "A Great Many Things" via Pinterest. It's got creamy pasta with lotsa cheese. the recipe called for a cup of cheese. But my husband has been known to put cheese on cheese. So I did almost a whole block. Then only thing I regret is not mixing more of the cheese in, as you can see I mixed the cup in then dumped the rest on top. Tasty, but would have been tastier with more in and less on. And don't worry about the block of cheese it was on it's last leg anyways, so at least this way it went to good use. 
Hit with the husband, miss with the kid- this time. Who knows what he will do the next time I make the dish. He will one day turn his nose up at mac and cheese and the next gobble up multiple helpings. Kids be crazy. 

 It was the perfect concoction of cheesy creamy goodness. Pasta bake met recipe card, and they lived happily ever after in my recipe box. To go on to have lots of little pasta bakes.
I have to say I'm enjoying expanding my recipe box. Here is the recipe but make sure you go check out "A Great Many Things" below is her website link.
Ingredients
7 oz of your favorite pasta (I used penne and fusilli)
8 oz cream cheese
1 can chicken broth or substitute with better than bouillon
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 packet Italian seasoning
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cook pasta according to directions on package
  • While pasta is cooking heat cream cheese, italian seasoning and chicken broth on stove until cream cheese melts.
  • Place cooked pasta in an 8x8 baking dish and pour cream cheese mixture over top. 
  • Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted 


http://bnoelwilliams.blogspot.com/2012/03/pasta-bake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment