Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Divine French Toast

I'm a sucker for all things breakfast. My husband works long hours so I can usually get away with doing breakfast for dinner, most nights. If you think I'm fibbing or stretching the truth go with me to a restaurant and if breakfast is an option, it will be on a plate in front of me.
This recipe jumped out at me, the picture looks so amazingly delicious that I had to make it! It was pinned by Danielle and I am very thankful that she found it so that I could find it.
Head over to Chef In Training for this amazing recipe. See bottom of post for the site link.
The recipe is super easy. I loved that I could make it the night before and cook it the next morning-or in my case the next night. There's alot to say about breakfast for dinner.
There were two distinct parts. You make a type of sugary glaze that you put into a cookie sheet. The recipe called for a jelly roll pan... To be honest I googled that- yah can we use normal english, Jelly Roll Pan is a cookie sheet with a good lip around the edge. But now I know and so do you. You spread the sugary mixture all over the cookie sheet then place your bread over the top. I used a loaf of french bread that I cut.
This picture is of the egg mixture that you spoon over the bread, I just poured-no sense in dirtying yet another dish. Just do it slowly, try to be fair. Don't want your bread slices to get jealous of each other. 
Here is the tasty dish after it baked for 30 min's at 350. Yes it doesn't look so divine but looky looky what's hiding underneath,
Now that is what I would like to call Ddddivine French Toast. So tasty, ate more then I probably should have. And this is great if you're out of syrup, no syrup needed in this dish. Of course if you have water, sugar and mapline flavoring- you'll have to come up with your own reason to make this dish. But a reason you need, you will be missing out if you don't give this dish a try! 

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/01/overnight-creme-brulee-french-toast.html

No comments:

Post a Comment