Thursday, April 12, 2012

Say What?!? Oven Grilled Cheese?

So I found this on the wonderful Pinterest. But when I went to the said site there was not really any great directions. More of a general idea.
So here is my first attempt at Grilled Cheese in the oven. It turned out pretty well. For having not idea on oven temp or lenght in the over, I'd say great Success. Not sure it was worth it for a dinner for two. Although I am always on the hunt for recipes that leave me fairly free at the time of day when "It all hits the Fan." If you are a mother with more then one child, I'm sure you can relate. It's that time (no matter how you try to scramble it) around dinner when you are trying to get dinner ready and keep your children happy- add in if you are just getting home from work to this and oi! The situation at our house: I'm trying to get dinner on the table by 6, my first born is crying and saying "ea-ea-ea-ea-t" as I'm throwing anything I can at him. My second born is in his bouncer screaming to be feed. And unlike his brother I can not exactly throw some food at him- I am his food, and I am busy. Needless to say it's kinda chaotic for a little bit. But once food is on the table and in the baby- it's calm, calm-ish. Life ceases to be calm with children around.
Anyways back to the subject at hand,
Grilled Cheese
get two baking sheets (same size is best but not necessary & if you have a heavier one use that for the top)
bread (butter one side- let's be honest it's tastier)
cheese
*I put some sandwich meat on my sandwich
Preheat oven 350* I will most likely play with this setting but it worked--put the baking sheets in the oven to preheat
prepare your sandwiches how you normally would once the oven beeps at you that it's pre-heated pull out one sheet place your sandwiches on then sandwich other baking sheet bottom down on top. Place back in oven for 10-15 min.
My sandwiches were not golden brown they were yellow, but they were crispy and that's what I liked. My son even ate the sandwiches. Normally he will tear them apart eat only the cheese then discard the rest. Typically it looks like a crime scene around his seat after grilled cheese nights. Tonight not so much.
Hope you enjoy your sandwiches, our's were delish!
below is the site I got the idea from.
http://lifehacker.com/5900569/make-perfect-grilled-cheese-sandwiches-with-a-pair-of-baking-sheets?sf3809004=1 

No comments:

Post a Comment