Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Betty Crocker's Sweet and Sour Meat balls



This is a dish that I adore and it's so easy to make (specially if your lazy like me and just buy the pre-made meatballs)
I found the Betty Crocker Cook Book at a yard sale- so it's kinda old. No idea how it would compare to a newer edition. The one I have is from 1981- like I said old, older than I am actually.
In the book there is a recipe for making your own meat balls, I choose to buy pre-made; 1- it's easier and 2- raw meat, nooooot my favorite feeling.
Here's the recipe:
Meatballs
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup vinegar
1 can pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 small green pepper
and there is a "how to" but I don't follow that-shhhhh! Don't tell Betty.
This is how I do it, dump all the above ingredients into a large skillet bring to a boil. Cover and  let simmer. Simmer for 10-15 min.
I also make rice with this recipe 1cup rice for 2 cups water. Bring to boil in sauce pan, cover and simmer for 15 min.
Mmmm Tasty :) This recipe will feed my family of 3 with left overs for a few days (depending on who all eats the leftovers)

No comments:

Post a Comment