Monday, April 23, 2012

IScream for Ice cream

Every winter I'm always flabbergasted that Ice Cream shops are still open. I avoid ice cream like the plague in colder months. Naturally cold most of the time the idea of adding coldness to coldness, not so appealing.  But once the seasons slip into the warmth bring on the ice cream. Here in Idaho summer decided to pop it's head into spring for a bit. It went from cool to HOT in a matter of moments.
I went for a walk with my husband and two sons and the thought of ice cream sounded amazing. Needless to say we didn't stop for it. Instead we went home to get something nutritious for our boys. Another day more heat and the craving was stronger.
So here is my recipe for homemade ice cream. Inspired from snow ice cream. 
I used 1/2 c. Half and Half for a creamer icecream
1/2 cup of milk (or you can use 1 cup of milk in place of half and half)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
I mixed the above ingredients together in a bowl
Then pour into a Donvier Ice Cream maker 
Then mix, mix, mix oh and mix. I had to let it sit along for a bit to thicken up but pretty soon....


This is what it ended up looking like. Mmm!

I poured out my homemade ice cream and sprinkled some brown sugar across the top. I love ice cream with brown sugar. You can never have to much sugar right? Oh hush dentist.
The Donvier I have is for two people, small and I ate the whole serving. It was a little soupy but very tasty. Really hit the spot after being out in the heat of 85+ degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment