Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Don't eat the Cookie Dough!

Okay I'll say it. Sometimes I will bake cookies only for the purpose of eating some cookie dough. I said it but you know you do it. Now all you're thinking about is "I must tell her that raw eggs is SOOO bad for her!" I know, I know. I've heard the lecture from countless people over the years. My home ec teacher, various relatives, even a few friends. And still my secret pleasure will persist, I will still swipe a finger full of batter. It's just so good!
Now the one thing that has taught me more self control than anything, kids. And having my own kids is like a constant self-control check. So with temps upwards of the 70's today the craving for cookies...okay cookie dough came. That stove in NOT coming on. I'll swipe some dough from a batch that will be made into cookies. My self control drew the line at eating a whole batch of raw cookie dough.
Over to Google we go! I simply typed in "edible cookie dough" looked at a few sites until I got to "Willow Bird Baking." She had two recipes, I chose the Sugar Cookie one, honestly because brown sugar is running low in this house.
Here is the Recipe...

Safe-to-Eat Cake Batter Cookie Dough
Recipe by: Willow Bird Baking
Yields: about 1 1/2-2 cups cookie dough

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cake mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sprinkles
4-8 tablespoons water

Directions:
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light, fluffy, and pale yellow. Mix in salt, flour, cake mix, sprinkles, and vanilla. Add water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each, until you reach cookie dough consistency.

See those directions up there? Yah, I just dumped and mix. Seemed to turn out well.
Here is the finished product. Won't be gone in one sitting, so it can sit in the fridge till the next craving strikes... Most likely tomorrow. 

Mmmmmmm.....
http://willowbirdbaking.com/2011/03/20/three-safe-to-eat-cookie-doughs-chocolate-chip-sugar-and-cake-batter/


No comments:

Post a Comment