Friday, April 27, 2012

Spaghetti Casserole

I am a lover of pasta. SO tasty, so easy to make and so quickly. I like to keep a can of spaghetti sauce around along with some extra pasta. If we ever have "Surprise" visitor's there will always be something to give them. And it's one of those things that can go well as a side or a main dish to add to a meal that is lacking in the food content. Unless you do breakfast, I've yet to find a breakfast dish out of pasta. If you have one please do share, It would be my two favorite things united.
At the beginning of every month I will sit down and do a chore that I really don't enjoy. It takes alot of time, thought and searching. But spend an hour or two at the beginning of the month then you never have the "Dinner is in an hour! What do have make? And what do I have to make that?" You inevitably end up with bizarre dinner items you try to pass off for food.
My mother has a stash of cook books to make Rachel Ray jealous. She passed on her love of all things kitchen gadgety to me (although it took years for me to start using the gadgets- I still love to look) but the love of cook books she did not. I find them over whelming. So many books so little time. I have ten (maybe) and of those ten I use regularly Betty Crocker's cookbook (picked up at a yardsale and quite old) and my recent find (thank you very much Scholastic) is Taste Of home Dinner on a Dime. It's a great book. BIG recommend.
So todays dish is provided in part by Dinner on a Dime, and my kitchen.
Spaghetti Casserole- simplified.
You will need...
16 oz of pasta
1 lb of hamburger meat browned, drained
26 oz of spaghetti sauce
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups of cheese (shredded)
*brown meat mix in spaghetti sauce and seasoning to taste
* cook pasta, drain pasta, mix in the can of mushroom soup, and sour cream
pour pasta into (2) 8in square pans (one is for later) or a casserole dish, spoon the meat mixture over the top.
*sprinkle cheese over the top of dish
*cook for 55-65 min at 350 (if you are pulling out of the freezer, I cooked for 30 min until the cheese was nice and bubbly)
As you can see I used Penne pasta, I love penne. Something very fun about the tubey-ness of it!
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think of the dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment