Monday, April 30, 2012

Easy Peasy Creamy Chicken

Summer in Idaho can get hot. Hot as in "I refuse to turn on the oven, you will have to make due with the microwave or starve" hot. And it's especially bad now. Top apartment with vaulted ceilings. Impossible to cool with the AC. Thankfully the saving grace of Idaho is that we are on the edge of a desert. Temps will  yo-yo between "too hot to function" and "too much of a shock cool." So just invest in some good fans and you can suck the cool air in at night to bring the temperature down, just to go right back up the next day. Down side? Be prepared to dust and vacuum ALOT more.
Back to the topic at hand. With the temperature steadily (as steady as the weather will allow) on the rises. I depend on my crock pot more and more. The bonus here is you can fix it and forget about it, thwarting the six o'clock freak out.  I found this easy recipe on Pinterest courtesy of The Larson Lingo
Above is all that is needed, along with some chicken of course. I used drumsticks. Because I love the built in holder on them. But I would recommend (and will use in the future) breast or thigh, more meat and easier to shred. 
Place you chicken on the bottom then simply dump the black beans, corn and the Italian tomatoes and their contents over the chicken. Last plop the cream cheese over the mixture. Turn on the crock pot and walk away. 4 hours on high, 6ish hours on low. When it's finished cooking shred the chicken and mix in the cream cheese- it will end up just sitting there doing nothing, it you don't make it. 
My little family and I went to church, when we got back at lunch time we were greeted with an amazing smelling dish. And the smell matched the taste. We had to smell it for a bit longer while we waited for the rice to cook. I couldn't get this recipe recorded quick enough. 

really wish I could put a scratch and sniff function here. 
It might not look tasty but it was so amazing! My husband and I ate way too much, I would have gone for more but there was just no more room in my belly! Thank you very much to "The Larson Lingo" amazing amazing dish! Love the ease of it, now if I can just get a rice cooker. Out meals will be ready when we step in the door! 

http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/2011/05/easiest-dinner-ever.html

No comments:

Post a Comment