Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baked Blueberry goodness!

Today was a beautiful day in eastern Idaho. I loaded up my two boys and met my mother and sister at a garage  sale- so totally syked about garage sale season is starting- then we met my husband for a trip to the zoo. It was a fun time there and being the first day it was open it was still not too busy. My first born son is not quite 2 and loves to be around animals. So it was fun getting to show him the animals and teaching him their names. And we will have a fun memory to tease him about when he gets older- he jumped the dividing fence and took off after a peacock. The peacock was quite disturbed that something was chasing him. After we were done at the zoo I said goodbye to my mother, sister, husband and 1st born. I got to  have a "relaxing" break from being a mother of two for a bit.
I had asked my mom earlier if I could make them all dinner. I loved baked fruit, I think it's tasty and delicious. My husband does not. We have yet to find a baked fruit that he likes. Cruising Pinterest one day I found a recipe for Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast. It sounded so amazing, but it's in a 8x9 dish, I'm usual hungry but not usually that hungry, I was very excited that my mom was okay with me cooking for them. But who's going to turn down a tasty dinner, they don't have to cook?
It was a great dish and my family all enjoyed it, pairing with the sides of left over Easter eggs and  some bacon, it feed a family of five and a half. The half is my son, he's odd about what he eats.
The recipe was easy and straight forward. Although there were a few things I had to cheat; the butter is meant to be soften...opps, it's time to make dinner I have no time to wait for the butter to soften. Thank goodness for the microwave. 10 secs and then 10secs. Perfect.
It also called for a room temperature egg, enh... I just tossed it in. This is the "finished" product minus the oven time.

And this is the finished product. It was super tasty, mmmm. Looks tasty huh? My son (who is part of his father and seems odd around cooked fruit) even ate more then I thought he would. And the whole dish was gone. This will definitively get written onto a nice little index card and find a new home in my recipe box.

Give it a shot check out "Alexandra's Kitchen" for the recipe- it will be worth your time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment