Saturday, April 7, 2012

Diy: Maya Wrap

So I recently had a beautiful brown haired baby boy which means that I have a child for each hand. Usually works out really well exccccept when I have other things to do ie: all the house cleaning, meals, dishes or laundry. I bought a Moby wrap which I love but it takes more then a second to get on so when I stumbled across the Maya wrap, via Pinterest, I was syked, here was a quick solution for the "I just need one more min" times. On the actual Maya website they have some that you can purchase for 70 or so bucks, which is more then I can afford to pay at this time, or you can use the how to guide to make your own.
So off I and my two boys went to Joanns. I found the most adorable fabric seeeeee! And for about 12 bucks! Score!

Along with what I thought would work for the rings. After I got home I realized there was NO WAY that much fabric would go through that small of holes. On the Maya website they had a place to get some rings, but i'm one impatient and two too cheap.  So enter Ace Hardware (the Helpful place) and they were most helpful, I was in and out in a matter of minutes with exactly what would work. "Welded Rings" are good to 200lbs, pretty sure I'll never have to test that :) so for less then 4$ for the set I got these lovely rings  
so, for less then $20 I have a great little sling that can keep my baby close, hands free and do it all quick!
wanna make one for yourself? Here's the site! https://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php
and Here is the Finished product in use :)
PeekaBoo!

2 comments:

  1. I love that! If I ever have another baby I will definatly make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a maya wrap and I love it! Cute pics and great blog!

    ReplyDelete