Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs



So every year at this time I have to go and find how to boil Easter eggs. Then you have the did they cook long enough feeling and not to mention the cracked eggs or the icky green. So when I was cruising on Pinterest and saw all the post about how to bake your hard boiled eggs, I decided to give it a whirl!
The post says to preheat your oven to 325-350 (depending on your oven) I went with 325. Using a cupcake pan, to keep them from rolling and to be able to get them out easier(another pinterest tip), place one egg per hole. Place in oven for 30 min, which was great! I didn't have to hover or keep checking, or wondering if it's working. Just place in and walk away. After 30 min simply pull them out of the oven and using some tongs, place the eggs into a bowl of nice ice cold water. To keep them from cooking more and make it so you can handle them sooner, rather then later. Then the fun part with your children happens :) found the nifty no spill cups, not no splash, but no spill. All the eggs turned out great and un-cracked (minus the one my son threw) My husband wasn't sure of this but I thought the baked eggs were much easier to peel!
Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment