Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nasty Nanna's...

Well, another one hits the dust. The bananas never last as long as I wish. And sometimes I even forget that I have them till I look up in my fruit basket and have to hit my head. Gah! more nasty nannas. Time to whip out my mother's Banana Bread recipe. 
Isn't her hand writing pretty? I have had this recipe card for a long time. And it has gotten alot of use. You can see my bananas that I have- I've got two in the freezer and then five still waiting in my basket. The blacker they are, the better the bread. But I can't let them get that bad or else I over think the idea of the bread. Let us be honest, when you are peeling and smooshing the slime into your batter you wonder why you make this bread. Nothing tasty can come from that nasty of an object- but some how when you pull it out of the oven, you have to hold yourself off from inhaling it all in one siting.
Everything is better with chocolate chips. 


Here is the finished project, tasty tasty! You just wanna grab it off the screen and gobble it up. The recipe is really rather simple.
Banana Bread     1 loaf
Preheat oven to 350*
combine 1/2 cup of margarine and 3/4cup of sugar till smooth
Add: 1 egg 2 banana's mix till the banana's are no longer lumpy
Mix in 1 1/2 c Flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
and of course the tasty chocolate chips
Mix well.
Bake for 35-40 min in a grease loaf pan.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. 

I always have to problem of it caving in if I don't get the middle cook all the way though. So this time I had to bake it a while longer- and then turned to oven off while the loaf was still in. Now the bread has a really amazing thick kinda crunchy crust. Quite tasty if I may say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment